I became a consultant for the pricing benefits and the Q Club. I LOVED the fact that the market is not saturated with consultants fighting over potential customers. It is also a product that has real use. Not just something to burn up or tuck away or collect dust. (That's my frugal side. Everything has to have a purpose.) Read through the FAQ and let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer them or get the answer for you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How much does it cost to become a consultant?: $199 for your kit which includes all your handbook, Party DVD, invitations, brochures, apron, sample cups, recipe book, and food to host 2 parties. You can choose from 3 other larger kits if you'd like.
2. What is my commitment as a consultant?: Your only commitment is to be on the Q ( Home food storage delivery for $50 in product). As long as your Q is active, you'll get a check sent out to you the 15th of every month. My first check was for $10 which was 10% back on a $100 order I had made for myself, and it went up from there!
3. Why do I have to be on the Q to be a consultant?: 1) You need to know the product, 2) You need to have practice cooking with it, 3) You need to have enough food for your parties, 4) You need to have your own food storage.
4. What sort of commissions will I receive?: You receive 10% of the total party sales in commissions, 20-35% of the Q sales in commissions on the 1st month the Q goes out, and 5% residual commissions on continuing Q's. You also earn $50 bonus for each consultant you sign up. And 10% commission on your own personal orders outside your Q.
5. What does an average consultant make a month?: It's really an individual matter. Read above for more info. If you estimate that you'll get 10% in commissions on your total party sales than you can figure how many parties you'll need to do per month to get the money you want.
6. What are the average party sales?: Average party sales are around $600. So you'll earn 10% of that in commissions. So if you do 4 parties/month, you will at least make $240/month. That's just a minimum per party. Q sales get you a higher commissions (from 20-35%) and a residual 5% every month after that your customers stay on the Q. Consider that you'll have continual sales from your past customers each month also.
7. Do I have any sales quotas to fulfill or weekly meeting to attend?: No sales quotas at all! We have a weekly phone training that you're welcome to listen in on and ask questions but this is not required and you can also downline the notes/transcripts at your leisure.
8. What kind of training will I get with Shelf Reliance?: Your Enroller should guide you and train you. You will also receive a handbook with your starter kit which will answer most of your questions about the products. We have weekly training calls and informative web pages.
9. How much time and money will I spend getting ready for each party?: We try never to spend over $10 for each party from samples, to copies, to your time! It's all up to you how simple or lavish you make it. Either way, the product sells itself! You'll see!!
10. What does it mean to "Build a Team"?: Signing up consultants under you builds you a team and gives you the potential to increase your commissions by 6%. If you sign someone up they are your 1st level. They in turn sign someone up. This is your 2nd level and following that is your 3rd level. The levels should grow exponentially giving you a tremendous earning potential.
11. How many consultants are there in Shelf Reliance?: Considering that Pampered Chef has over 60,000 consultants, not to mention Avon and Mary Kay who are in the millions combined. You'd be happy to know that we have around 2000! How would you like to be consultant #2001 rather than consultant # 60,001! Big difference!!So this is the time to join in and make your mark. We only have a few consultants in each state so you'll plenty of fresh new customers to reach.
12. I have small children. Is this a job I can do as a SAHMom?: You'd be happy to know that the majority of us are moms and we work nights and weekends with the support of our family and friends. As soon as you've started getting a customer base, they will continue to buy month after month on their own so you won't have to work so hard.
13. How do you host a party?: There are lots of ways to host a party. Shelf Reliance has a wonderful Party DVD that does the work for you! Bring your samples, your knowledge and enthusiasm, and plug in the 25 minute DVD and watch magic happen! If your customers are far away, send them the price sheet by e-mail and take their orders over the phone. Or send samples and a DVD in a box to your host. Participate in a local community events and take orders. There are many ways to earn commissions on a "party"!
14. HOW DO I SIGN UP?!! Contact me and you can sign up in as little as 5 minutes!